‘Thriving Places’ is VSNW’s and CLES’ campaign to develop a progressive and socially just vision of the voluntary and community sector’s role in local economies and the life of local places.
VSNW and CLES have established five areas of action:
- We need to make a strident case for recognising the sector's current and potential role in thriving places
- The sector needs to be bullish
- We need to take the argument to inert thinking and prevailing orthodoxies and create the conditions for fundamental change
- The sector needs to look at itself
- We need to be clear about why this is the best way forward from an economic perspective