The Voluntary, Community, and Social Enterprise sector, at its very core, is engaged with communities and people. We are at the heart of what devolution is about, and VSNW is working to ensure the sector plays a leading role.
- Greater Manchester is leading the country, with control of its £6bn Health and Social Care budget
- Liverpool City Region's devolution deal is in its second stage, with a metro-mayor election in 2017
- Cumbria, Cheshire & Warrington, and Lancashire are all considering submitting devolution bids
- Supporting VCSE partnerships to engage with devolution processes
- Supporting discussions between the VCSE sector and other devolution operators
- Facilitating cross-regional learning and policy transfer
To find out more, see the case studies below, along with detailed profiles for the sub-regions of the North West
The story so far
liverpool city region
the north west
Devolution in action
Greater Manchester VCSE DEVOLUTION
VSNW co-ordinates the group, which works to promote the role of the VCSE sector in devolution. The members have agreed on a goal of 'eradicating inequality in GM within a generation'.
vs6 liverpool city region voluntary sector infrastructure partnership
VSNW provides policy support to VS6, a group of VCSE infrastructure bodies who seek to influence policy on a regional level. The partnership combines extensive voluntary sector expertise.
for health and the gm cancer vanguard
This project aims to mobilise a
citizen-led social movement for cancer prevention, harnessing the energy of both Greater Manchester (GM) citizens and the VCSE sector.