Key findings about Cheshire & Warrington's voluntary, community and social enterprise sector are that:
- There are over 4,300 voluntary, community and social enterprise groups in Cheshire & Warrington.
- The income of the sector is approximately £340m (as at 2010/11).
- There are at least 9,000 people employed in the voluntary, community, and social enterprise sector in Cheshire & Warrington.
- Every week, over 95,000 people volunteer with VCS groups in Cheshire and Warrington.
- These volunteers contribute over 145,000 hours of their time, which is equivalent to over 3,800 full time jobs.