VSNW is currently searching for a candidate to fulfill the role of Treasurer.
This role requires a candidate to:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Work with the Trustee Board’s Resources Group in order to oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise via, and chair, the Resources Group (comprised of one trustee, Chief Executive and VSNW’s finance associate) to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow trustees aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at trustee board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance, etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Appreciation of the nature of membership based organisations
- Belief in the value and role of voluntary and community activity
- Passion for positive social change
- Personal alignment with the purpose and values of VSNW
Full details for this role can be found here.
To apply (closing date: 18th August 2017)
To express your interest for this role, please send your CV and a letter of application outlining your suitibality.
Please send CV and application letter to Warren Escadale, Chief Executive: VSNW, St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North, Manchester, M12 6FZ or email: email@example.com. Potential applicants are welcome to contact current trustees and the Chief Executive; please contact Warren in the first instance: 07753 147664.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet the current board on 15th June, St Thomas Centre, between 12.30 and 3.30pm.