Following the success of previous events, Manchester Health & Care Commissioning are running additional workshops to support managers to develop their skills and confidence to then in turn support disabled staff who will thrive at work. 12 FREE places are being offered to GM VCSE organisations.
Delegates who attend will take part in one full day followed by a half-day workshop, plus a 1:1 coaching session run by disabled facilitators with extensive management experience.
- Learn about the rights framework for disabled people and the support available for disabled colleagues and their managers and employers
- Be supported, including via coaching, to work out the best approach to being an effective confident manager generally – and of disabled staff
- Receive a user-friendly toolkit to support you in your future work and development
Content will include:
- The social model of disability: what, why and how?
- The power of language: normalising discussion of disability at work and developing your own confidence in conversations about this
- Duties and rights: a toolkit for finding your way around the statutory framework including ‘reasonable adjustments’ (support for disabled employees) and the Access to Work fund
- It’s personal: experience and ownership of disability – your relationship with it
- Mindset and the asset model of management: being aware of your strengths and how to develop them
- Preparing for coaching: personal development tools
- An individual coaching (50 minutes) by phone or instant messaging
For further enquiries, or to book your free place, contact Liz Kundi on firstname.lastname@example.org