To lead and develop inspiring communications for Voluntary Sector North West (VSNW), supporting the work of the Chief Executive. In particular, delivering:
● VSNW’s communications
● Greater Manchester Cancer Champions’ VCSE Screening Programme communications
The post holder will report to and be managed by the Chief Executive of VSNW.
1. Proactively generate high quality digital and print communications content.
2. Lead on VCSE Screening Programme Communications Strategy, including implementation and delivery of online and tech platforms
3. Develop and deliver VSNW’s communications and marketing strategies to reach, listen to and engage our key audiences.
4. Deliver GM Cancer Champions’ communications and content creation using digital channels, and print, to:
a. Drive relevant traffic to the recruitment page with a focus on conversion from page visits to completing applications
b. Engage a wide variety of partners, networks and grassroots organisations to build relationships and ensure our content and conversations are shared with their contacts.
c. Effectively link with the Screening Programme’s Engagement and Delivery Team.
5. Ensure that VSNW effectively communicates with members and the broader Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector. Currently this includes maintaining and creating content for the website (www.vsnw.org.uk), Twitter, Mailchimp e-bulletin and other publications/mechanisms.
6. Create reports on the effectiveness of the strategies being used to inform and further develop the communications strategy.
7. Collect and collate information on project activities to enable complete and accurate completion of progress reports to commissioners and shareable content for our audiences.
1. To promote and uphold the values of VSNW at all times.
2. To continuously develop and share knowledge within key partnerships and the VSNW team.
3. At all times to take account of equal opportunities considerations when working with the VCSE; paying particular attention to the needs and perspectives of groups and communities who are marginalised or excluded from participation in sub-regional governance.
4. To be a co-operative and supportive member of the VSNW staff team, ensuring that all members are aware of any issues in the post holder's workload which may impact on other staff or partners.
5. To listen to and engage North West VCSE partners to be active members of VSNW.
6. To produce reports for the VSNW Board of Trustees as required.
7. To observe all policies and procedures that are determined by VSNW’s Board of Trustees, e.g. Health & Safety, New Technology.
8. To undertake regular supervision with your line manager and to keep her or him informed of significant developments in the progress of work.
9. To undertake such tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Chief Executive of VSNW to further the objects of the organisation in alignment with its values.
To apply, please download the full person specification, complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date is 13th May 2019. Interviews are w/c 20th May 2019.