Working together to enable the voluntary community and social enterprise sector to positively shape the future of the North West.
A North West where communities lead change.
Making Connections, Being Ingenious, Creating Change, Adding Value and Challenging Inequality.
- Ensure sound financial management of VSNW
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation
- Work with the Trustee Board’s Resources Group in order to oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits
- Liaise via, and chair, the Resources Group (comprised of one trustee, Chief Executive and VSNW’s finance associate) to ensure the financial viability of the organisation
- Make fellow trustees aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them
- Regularly report the financial position at trustee board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance, etc)
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner
- Knowledge of financial management
- Good financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations
- Appreciation of the nature of membership based organisations
- Belief in the value and role of voluntary and community activity
- Passion for positive social change
- Personal alignment with the purpose and values of VSNW
- Quarterly Board Meetings (4 x 0.5 days per annum)
- Board Development Days (2 x 1 days per annum)
- Annual General Meeting (1 day per annum)
- Resources Group Meetings/work (4 x 1 hour teleconferences) plus preparation/potential follow-on actions
To apply (Closing date: 30th June 2018)
To express your interest in the role of Treasurer for VSNW, please send your CV and a letter of application outlining your suitability.
Please send CV and application letter to Warren Escadale, Chief Executive: VSNW, St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North, Manchester M12 6FZ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential applicants are welcome to contact the Chief Executive; please contact Warren in the first instance: 07753 147664.