UpRising Leadership Programme
23 August 2012
UpRising is Britain's premier leadership programme for young adults from diverse backgrounds who have the potential to become future leaders across all sectors. Our patrons include Prime Minister David Cameron, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and Leader of the Opposition Ed Miliband.
It is an intensive part-time programme and to apply you must be aged 19-25, be passionate about making a positive change in your community and live, work or study in Manchester or Salford.
During the programme you will:
- Attend a residential leadership retreat
- Receive leadership training by some of Britain's leading experts in their field
- Be matched with a mentor from UpRising's senior leaders network
- Visit organisations for behind-the-scenes tours of how they work
- Lead on a social action campaign in your community
- Attend and participate in high-level events and ceremonies
- Receive a certificate in Community Leadership from Birkbeck University
UpRising is a subsidised programme with participants only expected to cover the small administration fee (£60) of their certificate. In return we expect full commitment, attendance and involvement throughout the course.
A typical month on UpRising will include:
- One 3-hour learning session
- One 1.5-hour learning visit
- One mentoring session
- Bi-weekly meetings with your social action campaign group
- 2–3 hours independent work on your social action campaign per week
Applications are open to all regardless of qualifications or educational background.
The programme starts in October 2012 and lasts for 9 months. Applications must be submitted by 21st September.
To find out more and apply visit www.uprising.org.uk or contact Max Larcombe, Manchester Project Developer, on email@example.com.