Heritage Lottery Fund's Strategic Framework 2013-2018
16 August 2012
The framework sets out plans designed to deliver long term and sustainable benefits in response to the newly emerging needs facing the heritage sector. It plans to:
- offer support for building organisational resilience in the heritage sector
- kick start philanthropy through providing endowments and smaller grants
- stimulate local economic growth with a new Heritage Enterprise scheme
- recognise the size and scale of the environmental impact of their funding
- lead the way in encouraging the sector to use digital technology
- extend HLF support for heritage in private ownership
- continue to make applying to HLF more straightforward
- create online communities to showcase good practice
- increase the maximum grants for the Landscape Partnerships Programme
The first funding decisions under the new framework will take place in April 2013.
They will be running a series of events in the North West later in the year to provide more detailed information on the new programmes and ways of working. Further information will be posted on this in due course.
Heritage Lottery Fund strategic framework - A lasting difference for heritage and people