ESF Community Learning Grants in the North West
16 August 2012
Nearly £2m is available to be given out in the North West over the next two years as ESF Community Learning Grants. The grants are for up to £12,000 to help people access further learning or training that could lead to employment.
The funding can be applied for by small community and voluntary groups, registered charities and social enterprises. Preference will be given to organisations with a turnover of no more than £300,000 per year in each of the last 2 years.
The grants can support a range of activities including:
- Initial help with basic skills
- Taster work experience including voluntary work
- Training, advice and counselling
- Job search assistance
- Confidence building and personal development
- Support to individuals to overcome barriers to learning or employment
The programme is aimed at all people out of work but with a particular priority for:
- People with disabilities or health conditions
- People aged 50 or over and seeking employment
- People from ethnic minorities
- Lone parents
This programme is being managed by the Workers' Educational Association. For more information, you can visit their website. The deadline for applications for this round is 12 noon on Thursday 13th September.