The Truth About TB - Training for Third Sector Organisations
28 November 2011 - 29 November 2011
TB Alert, the UK's national TB charity, is spearheading the Department of Health's commitment to raise awareness of tuberculosis among the most vulnerable groups. This workshop is part of The Truth About TB programme, to build the capacity of third sector organisations to integrate TB into their work aand become partners of local statutory agencies in the fight against TB - championing the patient voice.
Who should attend?
Programme managers, co-ordinators and project workers from third sector organisations working with the communities most at risk of TB.
- TB globally, in the UK and locally
- An introduction to TB: symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, transmission and prevention
- Risk factors among local communities
- Community beliefs about TB
- The patient's story
- The treatment pathway
- Accessing local services and addressing barriers
- The role of third sector organisations in TB care and control
- Planning and delivering local TB awareness programmes
- Monitoring the impact of your TB activities
To book a place on this free workshop, please complete the booking form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or TB Training Workshops, TB Alert, Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG. For further information, contact Hanif Bobat on 0161 848 0988 or at email@example.com.